CUSTOM PRO 3mm BOOTIES
Our obsession with booties means the lightest, best-performing boot on the market has stepped up several notches for Fall 2018, featuring improved board feel, grip, flexibility, comfort, and durability. How'd we make the world's best boot even better?
1. Our natural rubber sole pods are made with a softer, tackier, more flexible compound for improved traction both on a board and on slippery rocks.
2. Our heat-moldable Thermo Foam has also been updated with a softer, more comfortable formula which stays soft in colder temps.
3. We have completely redesigned our velcro ankle strap, co-molding the textile strap to the rubber sole and introducing a flexible, durable Tatex-coated hook strap for a stronger hold.
Recommended Water Temps: 10c - 15c (50-60F).
Step by Step instructions below.
Sizing Tip: Order your regular shoe size or 1/2 size down. For example, if you are a size 10.5, order a 10. Women should order 1-1.5 sizes lower to convert from Men's sizing. So if you are a Women's 8, order a Men's 7. If you are a Women's 8.5, also order a Men's 7.
- Heat-moldable with boiling water for the perfect custom fit.
- NEW softer-compound thermo-foam sole for next-level comfort, warmth, dexterity, and durability.
- Internal split-toe locks your foot inside the boot for precise response.
- NEW super-tacky and flexible 1mm vulcanized rubber sole pods for barefoot board feel, grip, and abrasion resistance.
- 3mm neoprene upper with quad-sealed seams (glue, blind-stitch, stretch tape inside, liquid weld outside).
- NEW full-wrap ankle strap co-molded into the sole improves durability.
- NEW Tatex-coated hook strap improves durability and holding power.
- Tatex heel spine and laminated heel-pull for durability and easy on.
- High pile quick-dry lining retains heat and feels comfy.
- Double-lined 3mm O-ring cuff seal provides a durable, seamless barrier against flushing with lower bulk.
- Includes a pair of knit Solite Heat Booster socks for added warmth, comfort, and easy on/off.
1. Bring water to a boil (you will need approximately 3 cups of boiling water per boot.)
2. While water is heating, roll down the cuffs of your Solite boots and place them in a sink.
3. Put on your Solite Heat Booster socks. These socks will help allow for a little extra space when the boots are being molded.
4. Once water comes to a full bubbling boil, gently pour into your Solite boots (in the sink), filling each to slightly below the seam where the neoprene upper is attached to the sole.
5. Wait 5 minutes for the boiling water to soften the sole material.
6. After 5 minutes, carefully pour out the hot water from your Solite boot (doing one boot at a time) and quickly rinse out the inside of the boot with cold water to lower the surface temperature and to prevent burning. Test with your hand as you will want to get your foot in as warm as you can comfortably stand.
7. Place your foot inside your Solite boot while wearing the Heat Booster sock. Make sure your big-toe sits comfortably in the toe cavity and your heel is flush in the heel pocket.
8. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 for the other boot.
9. Secure boot ankle straps if you have them.
10. Walk around in your Solite boots for the next 10 minutes as they custom mold to your feet.
11. Once your Solite Boots have cooled to room temperature, the molding process is complete.
12. If you are unhappy with the fit, you can re-mold your Solite boots repeating the same steps above. Your Solite boots should feel completely comfortable, almost like part of your foot.